Suggestions

Suggestions for TimeSnapper. Some way you wish TimeSnapper made your life easier? We want to hear from you!

Suggestions

Categories

1. Can we remove the TimeSnapper limit of maximum 3 screens? For the majority of my use case, all of the computers have 4 screens attached.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. to see the contents of flags we currently need to
    - either open reports, choose flags and set the date range
    - or hover the mouse over every flag in the browse day screen

It would be very helpfull to temporarily enable to see all flag texts within one day when beeing in the browse day screen.
    Maybe show them as balloon tips or add an additional header area to show them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Encryption is really important with such sensitive data as screenshots and captured data. There is an encryption but there is no description on what methods are used. Therefore it cannot be considered secure at all and must be fixed.

One may guess it may well be just a hardcoded passwort now since the pictures are encrypted without reentering the password after system start.

OpenSSL or alike should and could be used easily to create a keypair with the public key being unencrypted and the private key being encrypted by the user passwored stored in the Timesnapper DB (with a seperat…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Possibility to start TimeSnapper as service, so Win can automatically restore fallen process and don't loose because of it some minutes/hours of journal.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Firefox URL extraction has been broken for a couple of years now. Would love to see this working again like it does in Chrome. 🙏

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi.

I'd like to save my daily tasks to database. I use sharepoint to save almost everything. I need a additional data from the timesnapper pictures like program name from snapshot program window that I have used.

First, I need more information to the snapshot pictures. File properties like
    Title => Program name
    Caption => filename if exists

Second, if it is possible, a connection to Sharepoint to save pictures automatically to Sharepoint-library.

Thanks, TimeSnapper is creat tool.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to be able to browse screenshots captured from certain websites on my browser to retrieve specific data, this way I don't have to playback everything.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Would it be possible to have the mouse pointer captured when it is left or right clicked - movement not needed just the left or right click - an added bonus would be to surround the mouse with a yellow-filled circle to show the mouse was clicked "here"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I was thinking that difference between images may compress better as videos since the codec is designed to stream the pixel areas that are changed from the keyframe. Seems like h.264 or even h.265 can compress like images from snapshot to snapshot better than saving them individually. I did a test of some JPGs that are 11MB for a few hours and the same mp4 I made a slideshow from is about 8MB.

https://superuser.com/questions/1049452/ffmpeg-create-a-slideshow-video-from-images-in-a-directory-sorted-alphabetica

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am a developer and I use 4k monitor but it only captures about 2580x1420. I am not able to view 30% of right and bottom side. I m using basic version 2.0.1.1

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm finding the movie playback feature is crashing regularly in 2.0.1.1. I have dual 1920 x 1080 displays and have the play frame delay set to 75ms. Whilst going through a weeks worth of screen captures it'll lock up and become unresponsive at least 2 or 3 times. No amount of waiting seems to resuscitate it, clicking on it produces the standard microsoft unresponsive dialog with the options to wait or close the application.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have blocks of time where I switch tasks often (every 2-5 minutes) and other blocks where I work on the same thing for hours. It's inconvenient enough to pick up the mouse and right click the system tray every time I switch that I just don't do it, especially when it's the only thing I have to use the mouse for. It's also extremely annoying to have it pop up repeatedly while I'm working on one thing for a long period. It would be nice to have a shortcut key I could just fire whenever I wanted to add…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I have TimeSnapper set to take a snapshot every 5 minutes, but sometimes I want a specific screen to be included in the record.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Currently Timesnapper extracts URL for all my main browser, except Microsoft Edge (replacing IE eventually). It only reports it as MS-EDGE. Would be awesome if the URLs would be extracted for productivity reporting.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Save the image from each monitor to its own file, then tile the images rather than having them in a wide strip.

I regularly work on three monitors, browsing can become a nightmare of zooming in and out if I'm switching between active monitors a lot. Having the images tiled would mean that I can view it in a larger zoom and have to zoom in and out less.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I've recently updated TimeSnapper and noticed today that v3.9.0.3 does not capture capture Visual Studio when ran as Administrator.

I've sent screenshots to support@timesnapper.com on 8/09/2015

(Running Windows 10 with a triple monitor setup)

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sometimes i find myself stopping timesnapper and basicly have 1 small task to do before going back to work.

Doing the task and then forgetting to turn timesnapper back on.
    This feature would make forgetting to start it again a non issue.

I've found this feature very usefull in for instance anti virus software.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I use 3x screens and when reviewing the day it would be if it opened to the size and position it was last opened (2x monitors)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Movie window opens in last adjusted place on the screen. I have to resize it everytime...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enhance filter to include more than just the program ie mstsc.exe. it would be very beneficial to include any file called by the exe as well, ie customer1.rdp customer2.rdp, that is included in a shortcut.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?