Suggestions

Suggestions for TimeSnapper. Some way you wish TimeSnapper made your life easier? We want to hear from you!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. lessen the amount of resources used and the impact on cpu temperature

I've used TimeSnapper Classic for about a week and decided to give the Pro version a try. I keep close watch on my cpu temperatures with audible warnings at different temperature ranges. With the Classic version, I never got any alerts. However, the Pro version is definitely using quite a bit of cpu processes to just take a screenshot. Every time the snap is taken TS uses anywhere from 25 to 30% of the cpu processes. The only way that I could get better control of this was to check the low priority Option, set the Affinity in the Windows…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable Timesnapper for X minutes 1 - 5 - 10 minutes

Sometimes i find myself stopping timesnapper and basicly have 1 small task to do before going back to work.

Doing the task and then forgetting to turn timesnapper back on.
    This feature would make forgetting to start it again a non issue.

I've found this feature very usefull in for instance anti virus software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. can't recognize korean-time format

In flag info popup window,
    Start time field show the time as korean-format like '오후 11:25' (means 11:25pm). of course it filled automatically. but when I submit error-message pop out. "There was a problem while saving the flag. The time box contains invalid time."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Shortcut key to bring up new flag\note dialog while running in the system tray.

I have blocks of time where I switch tasks often (every 2-5 minutes) and other blocks where I work on the same thing for hours. It's inconvenient enough to pick up the mouse and right click the system tray every time I switch that I just don't do it, especially when it's the only thing I have to use the mouse for. It's also extremely annoying to have it pop up repeatedly while I'm working on one thing for a long period. It would be nice to have a shortcut key I could just fire whenever I wanted to add…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow select all shortcut in flag info comment box

In the flag info dialog box, the comment box prevents the standard Ctrl+A shortcut for selecting all text. It would be nice to have the typical text box functionality for users who like to stick to their keyboard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. An option to show a date/time-stamp on each capture.

The user should be able set the location, font, font size, color, and transparency. This is important for easily documenting when the capture was taken. Maybe this is already possible, but I just have the classic free version. I'm planning to upgrade soon!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Some webpages are prdouctive, some are not.

Maybe I have misunderstood the functions, but I want my productivity rate increase on certain web pages, since i use some tools on webpages. But some other pages i don't want to count as productivity at all. When I add firefox to the productivity thing then I only have a choice to enter titles on web pages that gives more productivity score, but it seems like other pages in firefox counts as productivity too? Am I right? I want som pages to count as productivity and some not at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add support for MS Office 2013

Why is Office 2013 not supported yet?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add option for manual snapshot

I have TimeSnapper set to take a snapshot every 5 minutes, but sometimes I want a specific screen to be included in the record.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Your product would be a great addon product to a time and billing program such as timeslips.

Timeslips is a billing software for professionals. They recently added a time capture feature but it doesn't track the date and time a program was worked on. Your product would be a great addon to be able to integrate with timeslips and create slips to import into the billing program.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. count as productive but not capture a screen.

I want to filter so it will not capture a screen (security/ PII) But I want that to be included in a productivity score. Or maybe capture a 'blurred' image

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Linux version of TimeSnapper

I work on both Linux and Windows, and will be moving to Linux almost exclusively. It would be great to have a Linux version as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Opened to the size and position it was last opened

I use 3x screens and when reviewing the day it would be if it opened to the size and position it was last opened (2x monitors)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Movie window opens in last adjusted place on the screen. I have to resize it everytime...

Movie window opens in last adjusted place on the screen. I have to resize it everytime...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. [X] Exclude checkbox next to filter drop-down to invert the filtering

[X] Exclude checkbox next to filter drop-down to provide the option to invert the filtering -- when checked, timeline and screenshots show everything **except** the selected application. Use-case: I do a lot of work on remote desktops; would like to be able to exclude those sessions and look at activity only on local machine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve browsing for multiple monitors

Save the image from each monitor to its own file, then tile the images rather than having them in a wide strip.

I regularly work on three monitors, browsing can become a nightmare of zooming in and out if I'm switching between active monitors a lot. Having the images tiled would mean that I can view it in a larger zoom and have to zoom in and out less.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Feature to allow statistical capture of application use while not capturing screen.

I typically only enable screen capture while I am remotely administering a system or am performing tasks trying to reproduce issues in software, flagged with a case number. The remainder of my time I have TimeSnapper Paused in the system tray. It would be nice to still have usage statistics being gathered, but not screen captures.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)