I suggest you ...

TimeSnapper v3.9.0.3 does not capture capture apps launched as Administrator

I've recently updated TimeSnapper and noticed today that v3.9.0.3 does not capture capture Visual Studio when ran as Administrator.

I've sent screenshots to support@timesnapper.com on 8/09/2015

(Running Windows 10 with a triple monitor setup)

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kobus SmitKobus Smit shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kobus SmitKobus Smit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jonathan

I now also run the latest TimeSnapper as Administrator.

First remove TimeSnapper from Window startup (SysInternals Autoruns works nicely for that)

Then use Windows Task Scheduler to create a new basic task to start TimeSnapper.exe "when I log on"

After that right click Properties on the task en check "Run with highest privileges"

I'm also using the above method for these other apps:
        ArsClip
        AutoHotkey
        GreenShot
        SysInternals Process Explorer

• Jonathan SchneiderJonathan Schneider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now, if anyone knows a straightforward way to get Timesnapper to run as administrator when Windows starts, I'd be grateful if you'd share!

Workaround: TimeSnapper DOES seems to capture Visual Studio (running as administrator) correctly when TimeSnapper is itself launched to run as administrator.

I noticed this today, too.

Kobus Smit mentioned that he was able to get this working by going back to a previous TimeSnapper version?

Anyone know a specific version number that works? (I'd rather not have to figure it out by trial and error!)

• Kobus SmitKobus Smit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep that is unfortunately so :-(

I had to downgrade to the previous version...

Wish they'd open source it.

• rjean99rjean99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me too; I noticed this was fixed for Vista back in 2008. I'm running Windows 7 x64 with 2 monitors

Feedback and Knowledge Base